Wednesday, June 15, 2011

rainbow cupcakes

My sweet baby boy is 1 today! I can't believe it's been a year since he was born. We have a lot of fun planned for the day and I will share all about it later on.

Yesterday I made his birthday cake (see previous post), and then after he went to bed I also made these fabulous cupcakes. I got the idea and instructions here. Thomas is taking some to school just for fun . . . and we're eating the rest. YUM.

I used the same gel colors I used to decorate his cake to color the cake batter. Then I layered the colors in rainbow order in cupcake wrappers. I did some starting with blue on the bottom and some starting with red. I am SUPER happy with how they turned out! I can't wait to make these when Jamie's old enough to appreciate them.

2 comments:

  1. They turned out darling! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sono magnifico! Li voglio mangiare!
    Yours look just like the originals, pretty cool. Rainbows for everyone!!

    ReplyDelete