One of my friends recently posted this spaghetti sauce recipe on facebook, and I decided to give it a try. We absolutely loved it! It is possibly the best spaghetti sauce I've ever had (no offense, Benj), so I definitely wanted to share the recipe!
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 1/2 c. chopped onion
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 6 oz. can tomato paste
- 1 c. water
- 2 tsp. parsley
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. oregano
- 2 tsp. basil
- 1/2 tsp. fennel seeds
- 3/4 tsp. pepper
- Combine first three ingredients and cook until meat is no longer pink. Drain.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 45 minutes.
This makes tons of sauce. I think it will last us for at least 4 meals, and you can also freeze it.
Note: If you would like to read more about spaghetti sauce in general and try a different recipe, check out my brother's blog post on the subject.