We had these at a friend's house last year, and they were so good that I had to get the recipe. I made them last week and they are as delicious as I remembered! While they are pretty good right out of the oven while they're still hot, they taste waaaay better after they've completely cooled and you can taste all the flavors.
- 1 c. flour
- 1 c. quick oats
- 3/4 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 c. melted butter
- chocolate chips to taste
- chopped pecans to taste
- 3/4 c. caramel topping
- 3 T. flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease 9x13 pan.
- Combine flour, oats, brown sugar, baking soda, and salt. Stir in melted butter until well combined.
- Press half of the mixture into the pan and bake for 10 min.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle on chocolate chips and pecans.
- Mix caramel topping and 3 T. flour and drizzle on top (you can pop it in the microwave for a few seconds to make it softer).
- Top with remaining oatmeal mixture.
- Bake an additional 15-20 minutes.