Monday, October 29, 2012

a pumpkin weekend

I love holidays, and they only get more fun as Jamie gets older! We have been reading lots of Halloween books all month, and Jamie has been so excited for all of our Halloween activities. We tried to squeeze a lot in this weekend! On Friday night, we had our first ever family movie night. We watched It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown, and Jamie tried his first ever popcorn. He loved it. 
 On Saturday morning, we made pumpkin bagels. Jamie helped me knead the dough...
shape the bagels...
[I took care of the boiling while the boys watched...]
 
 and of course he helped eat them! They turned out really yummy.
Thomas enjoyed them as well.
In the afternoon we made our jack-o-lanterns. Jamie was so "exkited" that he was literally shrieking. It was so cute and so fun to do with him. He had been asking to "open the pumpkins" ever since we got them, and he was a big helper cleaning them out.
 
 
 
The place where we got the pumpkins had sticker sheets with different eyes, noses, and mouths. It was brilliant. Jamie loved getting to decorate his pumpkin, and I have to say I was extremely impressed with his jack-o-lantern. He had no help at all!
 

all lit up
Sunday morning we had pumpkin pancakes (alas I do not have a picture), and they were fantastic. We also roasted our pumpkin seeds. YUM. Jamie absolutely loved them. In the afternoon, Thomas and I went to see a production of Arsenic and Old Lace. We had a great time! The most fun part was probably watching Thomas's reaction. He had never seen it before and had exactly no idea what the plot was. So glad I kept him in the dark.
We had a great weekend and can't wait for Halloween itself! We're taking Jamie trick-or-treating for the first time. Also, I finished making his costume a few days ago, and I literally jumped up and down with excitement when we tried it on him. Stay tuned for pictures in a couple days....

1 comment:

  1. Those bagels look so yummy! Maybe we can do that at Thanksgiving :) I love the pumpkins too

    ReplyDelete