Sunday, October 26, 2014

7 months

I am getting behind on blogging, but I'd better get this post in before I go back and catch up or it will be too late.

Jacob turned 7 months old on Thursday!
I'm amazed I caught a smile at all because the poor boy was sick. That is also why he was wearing pajamas all day.

New this month:

  • army crawling. He isn't crawling with his belly off the floor, though he will get up on his hands and knees and rock back and forth, but he has been dragging himself around for the last couple weeks and is getting quite fast at it!
  • his first real sickness. He got a bad croupy cough and it lingered for over a week. I took him to the doctor on Thursday and he was prescribed a steroid. It was extremely difficult to get him to take the medicine. Today was the first day he seemed mostly back to normal. He had been a hoarse, fussy, clingy, non-sleeping mess there for a while. His pitiful little cry made me so sad. :(
  • At 7 months, Jacob weighs 18 lbs, 14 oz. (Jamie was something like 21 1/2 lbs at this age for comparison's sake.)

Because it was just rice cereal, it is hard to tell what a mess this really was! He's still not very interested in food. He will gnaw on my food if I let him (he enjoys apples) and he will chew on things in the fresh feeder. Occasionally he'll let me put a spoonful of something else in his mouth. To be honest though, I'm not really trying that hard because Jamie had no interest in food whatsoever until 8 1/2 months and then it just one day took off.
pre-crawling push ups

He tried to crawl off the chair while I was taking his 7 month picture.

1 comment:

  1. He is so adorable!

    I'm sorry he's been so sick, that is so sad, and the worst thing in the world, when babies are sick.

    And yes, no stress with the solids! Solids before a year are just for fun, anyway.

    ReplyDelete