Jacob turned 9 months old two days before Christmas.
According to our scale, Jacob weighs around 21 pounds now (he has his 9 month well check in about a week, so then I'll have an official weight).
He wears 12 month or 18 month onesies and 9 month or 12 month pants.
He's still in size 3 diapers.
He has 4 teeth.
At 9 months, Jacob can:
- crawl very well and very quickly
- pull up on everything
- cruise around holding onto furniture
- very briefly stand alone
- play peek-a-boo
- click his tongue
- make cute babbling noises
- sign "milk"
- Mommy more than anything or anyone else
- pulling hair and grabbing glasses off your face
- shaking his head
- being thrown in the air
- playing with the dishwasher
- playing with water
- playing with things he's not supposed to have
- apples, bread, meat, and beans
- when Mommy leaves a room, puts him down, or gives him to someone else
- diaper changes, clothing changes, and anything else that requires him to be held still
- having things taken away from him
- dairy products
His nighttime sleep, which hasn't been good since he was 3 months old, continues to be awful. He has a morning and afternoon nap, which generally go pretty well, though he frequently has a hard time going to sleep in the afternoon these days. Maybe he'll go down to 1 nap really early like Jamie did. That would be fine by me; I hate having to schedule things around 2 naps.
We quickly gave up on feeding him purees because he just wouldn't open his mouth for them. Instead we decided to try baby-led weaning, and we love it. We just put regular food on his high chair tray and he decides if he wants to eat it or not and that's that. I don't think he really eats much of it, but he has been tasting plenty, and it is so much less stressful than trying to get a spoon into an unwilling mouth. He still nurses all the time.
We love this baby!
More pictures from the last couple months:
|He loves opening and closing this drawer and, now that he knows how, pulling up on it and flinging out all its contents.|
|our books are definitely in danger now!|
|first time in the snow! There wasn't much, but it was November in Tennessee, so any snow at all was noteworthy.|
|at the library|
|Since I missed posting about it, here's his 8 month picture.|
|taco night :)|
|spaghetti baby playing peek-a-boo|
|He loves sticking these big Lego people in his mouth and crawling around with them hanging there. It's too funny.|