Monday, March 2, 2015

Mamy

It has been a couple of months now, but I would be remiss if I failed to mention that Thomas also lost a grandmother recently, right after New Year's. Unfortunately there were many reasons that Thomas couldn't make it to Paris for the funeral ($$$, newly broken arm, in the midst of possibly needing surgery, imminent travel plans already set in place). We still made sure to think of and remember Mamy all the same, as we always will. Even living on a different continent, she made a huge effort to have a relationship with Thomas, she came all the way from France to be at our wedding, and she was always so interested in and showed love and generosity towards our boys. I'm grateful I was able to meet her on many occasions and that Jamie was also, and I know that she was an extremely important person in Thomas's life. We will always love you and miss you, Mamy!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment