Saturday, May 23, 2015

preschool graduation

Tuesday night was Jamie's preschool graduation. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around this... I feel like the year just started and we're barely getting into the swing of things. Are all the years going to go this fast?? I don't know if I can handle it.


They had a cute ceremony with each class doing little presentations of songs, chants, etc. they had learned over the year. Then each child got their name called and came up to receive a "diploma." The teacher calling their names also read out what each person wanted to be when they grow up. Jamie said he wants to be a construction worker. After the ceremony, we went back to the classroom for to pick up some special things they worked on and to take pictures. And then we got to have cookies (Jamie's favorite part).

 
 
with his buddy James -- Every single day when I asked what Jamie did at preschool, he always answered that he played with James.
with his teacher, Ms. Jan
and his other teacher, Ms. Jackie
It was a great year! I know Jamie loved going to preschool every day, loved his teachers, and had so much fun playing with his friends there. I'm sure he's going to miss it. As for next year... After much thinking, talking, and debating about it, we have decided to hold off on starting kindergarten for another year. Jamie has a summer birthday, so he will either be the oldest or youngest in his class, and particularly considering that they only have full-day kindergarten here and I know it would be hard for him to listen, obey, or concentrate that long, we really think an extra year of maturity would be very helpful for him. It was a hard decision, but I do think it is the right one. And I'm in no hurry to be rid of him anyway. :) I'm looking forward to having one more year with him at home.

1 comment: