Jacob turned 6 months old on Tuesday!
Today he had his 6 month well check. He weighs 18 lbs, 4 oz, and is supposedly 29 inches long, though I think they may have measured wrong. That is off-the-charts crazy long. He wears 6-9 or 6-12 month clothes, and we just moved him into size 3 diapers.
Lots of firsts this month!! First time sitting up, swinging, riding in the shopping cart, sitting in the stroller the normal way (instead of plopping his car seat in it), trying solid food, and he cut his first 2 teeth!
At 6 months, Jacob can:
- sit up unsupported
- roll all around
- move in a circle on his tummy
- push up on his arms with his chest and occasionally his tummy off the floor (the tummy never lasts...his knees slip out behind him and he ends up scooting backwards)
- work to get things out of his reach
- rake the ground with his fingers to pick up small objects
- being held, especially if the holder is standing/moving
- people watching
- grabbing everything he can possibly get his hands on
- being tickled
- looking in the mirror
- pulling hair
- the jumperoo
- putting his hand in my mouth while nursing
He doesn't like:
- books. Well, maybe that's not true. But he gets super agitated every time I try to read to him and every time I read to Jamie near him. Even if I let him hold the book he freaks out. It's like he's trying to condition me to stop reading to him. Sorry, little guy, it'll never work!
- having things taken away from him
- being home with just Mommy. He is way fussier if we're alone! I think he gets bored with no big brother to watch.
- shots :( He had 4 today. Poor guy!
|look closely and you'll see his cute little teeth poking out. also, I love this boy's eyes!|
His sleep is improving. He takes 3 or 4 naps, depending on the length. It's either two naps of an hour and a half or so and one lasting about 40 minutes or four of the 40 minute variety. We infinitely prefer the 3 nap days! His insanely horrible nighttime sleep stopped as soon as his teeth came in and he's back to sleeping just somewhat poorly. He usually nurses twice in the night.
He drools like a maniac.
We gave him his first solid foods this week! He has tried avocado, banana, and sweet potato. The only one he even remotely seemed to like was the bananas. It was actually banana "ice cream" (pureed frozen bananas), and it was the only thing he didn't grimace at and immediately spit out.
He is crazy ticklish! It's the best. :)
We sure love this boy!!
More pictures from this month:
|He did this to himself. We don't bother putting blankets out for him anymore because he always rolls himself up in them, silly boy.|
|first time riding in the stroller with no car seat|
|first time in the swing!|
|watching Jamie play is a favorite activity|
|first sitting up picture!|
|first time in the grocery cart!|
|Jamie was singing a loud, annoying song of nonsense words and wouldn't stop. It was driving me crazy but Jacob was just LOVING every second of it.|
|When he saw me taking pictures of Jacob, Jamie insisted on having a brother picture too.|
|Not a fan!|