Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 in review

I can't believe that 2012 is already ending. Each year seems to go more quickly than the last, especially since we had Jamie. Looking back, this was a pretty busy year for each of us in the Lecaque household...

Thomas was kept very busy with school this year. He presented at and attended numerous conferences and traveled to North Carolina, Mississippi, Chicago, Boston, and Bulgaria. He passed his Latin language exam and finished his coursework!! He also lost about 15 pounds, bringing his total weight loss since 2009 up to about 75 pounds. I am so proud of him on all counts!

It was a busy year for me school-wise as well. At the beginning of 2012 I hadn't even thought of writing my thesis, but it turned out I thought of little else from April on. Completing my master's thesis and finally graduating was certainly my biggest accomplishment this year. I also spent a lot of time sewing and cooking--over the course of the year we cut out more and more processed foods from our diet, which meant a lot more work in the kitchen for me, but I honestly just love it and it's worth it to know I am feeding my family the best possible food. I also ran a 5k, drove to Missouri and back with a toddler by myself, and read lots of books. And of course I mainly kept busy taking care of Mr. James!

Jamie's verbal abilities developed by leaps and bounds this year. Last December he was saying about 40 or 50 words and was still signing quite a bit. Now he has a complex syntax and extensive vocabulary. He is always amazing me with his understanding and ability to communicate. He was a ringbearer in a wedding, spent lots of time at the zoo, made some new friends, learned to jump and to open doors, grew tall enough to reach everything in sight, and loved playing with his grandparents every chance he got. He is very cute, smart, and affectionate, and we are so lucky to have him.

As this year ends, we are looking forward to what 2013 will bring, with lots more traveling, reading, and learning for all three of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment