Saturday, December 22, 2012

snow days

We don't really get snow in Knoxville, so since last Christmas Jamie has associated snow with Grandma and Grandpa's house. For a YEAR he has been hoping to make a snowman with Grandpa again. Seriously, he never stopped talking about it the entire year. So on Tuesday morning when we woke up to snow, he immediately started clamoring to go out and make a snowman. Unfortunately the snow was accompanied by 40 mph winds. It was pretty miserable, but we got out there and made a little snowman. It only took about 5 or 10 minutes before Jamie wanted to come back in, complaining, "I want it to be warm!"
 
 
 
 
Yesterday afternoon, though, it was 30 degrees, sunny, and there was no wind, so Thomas, Jamie, and I went sledding! Jamie LOVED it, and I had more fun than I could ever remember. His enjoyment makes everything so much more fun. When we got to the bottom of the hill each time, he kept exclaiming, "Do it again!!" When I asked him, "Do you like the snow? Do you like sledding?" he replied, "I do! I do! I love these things!" Eventually he got tired of walking back up the hill, and then we got tired of carrying him back up, so we called it a day. So, so fun!
 
snow angels didn't go over as well as sledding :)
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. How fun! Wish we could have been there to join in the festivities. The girls love snow and will be sad to miss it this year.

    ReplyDelete