Saturday, June 21, 2014

Grandma and Grandpa's visit

My parents finally came to out to see us and meet Jacob! We had such a fun visit with them. They were in Knoxville 3 1/2 days, and we spent our time playing lots of games, eating good food, and enjoying each other's company. They'll be moving to Utah very soon, making them a 3 days' drive away instead of just 1, and our visits will get fewer and farther between. It was great to have this time before that happens. And now for too many pictures...
My dad got a couple of belated birthday/early Father's Day gifts
Jacob meeting Grandma!
and Grandpa :)
Jamie got lots of stories from his grandparents
there is nothing Jamie loves as much as playing with Grandpa.
a yummy pot roast dinner
We are a game playing family.
my most favorite game
my 2nd most favorite game
Not really related to their visit, but I just happened to get a couple of great pictures of the boys while they were visiting. I love this one!
finally a real smile picture! yay! I love these toothless grins :)
Olive Garden
Jamie was cold in the restaurant and asked me, "How do I get warm?" I put a couple napkins on his lap and then he requested more in increasingly silly places.
We went to Anchor Park, which is probably Jamie's favorite park but we don't go often because it's a bit of a drive and we have a fantastic park just a few minutes away. We had such a great time. The weather was perfect and there's so much fun stuff there.
 
 
Jamie had a lot of fun feeding these ducks Ritz crackers.
The best thing about Anchor Park just might be that it's right smack next to some train tracks.
more stories!
more games!
ha ha ha, I love Cranium.
This was a pirate ship, I believe...
Jamie inherited the game-loving gene.
I love this picture.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE cranium!!!! How did we not know that about each other?? I'm glad you had fun with your parents :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That toothless grin from Jacob is amazing! And so is that last picture.

    I love games, too. This post makes me miss my big family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so fun to grow up in a big family. Any time we get together we always play a LOT of games.

    ReplyDelete