Jacob was 3 months old on Monday!
At 3 months, Jacob can:
- lift his head quite well while on his tummy. He can even do it without crying for a few minutes.
- grasp objects
- clasp his hands together
- suck on his hands seemingly on purpose
- laugh, though we've only heard it a tiny bit so far! It's so cute I almost died.
- stay awake in the car
- sucking on his fists/fingers
- watching Jamie
- floor time with someone looking at him and talking to him
- his stuffed monkey
He does not like:
- when anyone washes behind his ears in the bath
- tummy time after a few minutes
- nursing when he's not hungry (polar opposite of Jamie who would have nursed 24/7 had I let him)
- bedtime lately
- when Jamie suddenly yells near him
- getting too tired
At 1 month, Jacob was 11 lbs, 15 oz.
At 2 months he was 13 lbs, 9 oz.
He doesn't have a check up at 3 months, but according to our scale (if I weigh myself with him and then without him and subtract), he's around 15 pounds now.
He wears size 2 diapers and 3-6 month clothes which are fitting far too well for my taste.
He only naps about 40 minutes and can only stay awake an hour to an hour and a half before getting tired, so he ends up needing about 5 naps a day.
Night sleep was going amazingly well until a couple weeks ago. He would go to bed relatively easily around 7:30, sleep until at least 3:30 or 4, nurse, and then go straight back to sleep. A few times he slept until about 5 and one beautiful night he slept all the way past 6. But then he got a slight cold/cough that woke him up more often and now, even though that's gone, he continues to have a hard time going to sleep at bedtime, wakes up earlier in the night, and thinks 6 a.m. is the time to get up for the day. In spite of that, he's still a better sleeper than Jamie at this age, so I'll take it.
He's not reaching yet but he seems to be on the brink of it.
He makes the cutest noises. I love when he "talks."
He's not super smiley but when he's in the mood he has the cutest, biggest grins.
He has gotten very slobbery of late.
He seems to be getting a little bit ticklish, which is adorable.
More pictures from this month:
And just for fun, here are both Jamie and Jacob at 3 months.